We provide input to your design, making it more efficient to produce but also safeguard process robustness, define the most suitable technology and conduct proofs-of-concept. AP recommends a front-load approach for your device development project making use of the strategic services available from the AP Innovation and Quality Centre.
Our experience in steering production processes makes us highly suitable to verify process robustness, determining the likelihood of safe volume up scaling conducting different types of assessments and proof-of-concepts.
Engineering Design Services
During device development, a future production volume ramp-up must always be taken into consideration. Different capacity needs might require different production methods. The device components must be prepared for this ramp-up with regards to, among other things, joining and fixation geometries and component feeding abilities. Methods and equipment chosen for development must also be functional in assembly systems.
The AP engineering team can support you with design services:
- Product design review analysis
- Design risk analysis and mitigation
- Review of key processes and critical technologies
- Assembly sequence and layouts
Analysis of different technology options:
- Product quality
- Product robustness
- Cost efficiency on the chosen technology
- Required training level on personnel
Proof Of Concept
We can verify single or multiple concepts, building test stations, and conduct testing:
- Verifying process robustness
- Verify and correlate critical processes to product functionality
- Compiling input for the URS process